Enforcement We're the Calm Beneath Your Storm

Enforcement of Orders

Long Island Enforcement Lawyers

Family law matters are some of the most contentious due to complex familial relationships where emotions can run high. Whether you recently divorced your spouse, need to modify your child custody agreement, or are trying to enforce a spousal support agreement, navigating a family matter without proper legal representation can be difficult. Our attorneys are here for you every step of the way and can assist you with enforcing a court order.

Court Order Enforcements

Sometimes a spouse or partner disobeys their court order even when they know a court order is binding. In the event that this happens, you can enforce the court-ordered obligation with the help of an attorney. Some examples of court orders that you might need to enforce include but are not limited to the following:

Enforcing a Court Order

When one party does not fulfill their court-order obligation, your best option is to start the process of enforcing an order. You can do so by filing a Motion for Contempt or a Motion for Order to Show Cause to request that the court hold the other party in contempt for not following their court order. The ramifications for violating such an order vary but can include jail time.

What Can You Do If Your Spouse Refuses to Pay Child Support?

It is against the law for a spouse to violate their child support order. To ensure you and your child’s needs are being met, contact an experienced lawyer at our firm to assist you with the process of enforcing an order.

Violating a Court Order

A violation of a court order affects both individuals involved in the matter. It might cause financial problems, stress, and other emotional turmoil. When a judge has determined that one party is in contempt of court, this individual could face one of the following consequences:

  • Modification of an existing child support order
  • Enforcement of compensatory visitation
  • Suspension of professional and/or driver’s license
  • Income/wage garnishment
  • Collection against tax refunds
  • Fines
  • Incarceration
  • Liens against property

Consult with an Experienced Lawyer at Our Firm Today

To determine the best possible enforcement options for your situation, call us today. We will take the time to listen to your goals and guide you through your legal options. The path to a brighter future begins when you make the first step. We look forward to working with you and helping you enforce your rights.

Complete a form online or call us at (516) 584-4685 to book a consultation.


Our Determination & Dedication Is Recognized by Our Clients
  • “Listen well and give excellent advice.”

    - Mark K.
  • “I worked with Tracy Hawkes, she was great throughout the entire process.”

    - Tina M.
  • “Most importantly, she really cared about me as a human.”

    - Fan Y.

Reasons to Choose Our Firm

  • Two of Our Attorneys are Members of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML)
  • Accredited By the Better Business Bureau (BBB®) for High-Quality, Ethical Legal Practices
  • Included In Best Lawyers In America
  • Top-Tier Matrimonial Law Firm with US News & World Report
  • Three Attorneys Listed in New York Super Lawyers ®
  • AV Preeminent® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, the Highest Rating in Legal Ethics & Professional Practice

Contact Samuelson Hause PLLC Today

Guiding You Through Life's Difficulties
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.