Elliot D. Samuelson (Retired)
Elliot D. Samuelson is the founding partner of Samuelson Hause PLLC.
My entire career has been dedicated to presenting a client's position with professional excellence. The approach to the practice of law is to utilize my vast experience in the field to forcefully present the client's position in a logical and persuasive manner so that the court can immediately recognize and approve of our legal arguments. Clients become partners in their matters and work closely with us to reach a successful conclusion. Although settlements are to be encouraged, we will never recommend a settlement if we feel the client would do better with a court resolution after trial. The choice is based upon whether a settlement is in the best financial interests of the client.
I was attracted to the field of domestic relations because I wanted to solve problems on an individual basis, rather than dealing with business organizations. My tenure as Editor of the Family Law Review has enabled me to stay current with changes in the law, and advocate effective positions for my clients.
My community participation includes Past President of the Foundation Fighting Blindness on Long Island.
- B.S., 1955, New York University (cum laude)
- J.D., 1960, Syracuse University (Law Review, Moot Court Board)
- Best Matrimonial Lawyer, Best Lawyers in America
- AV rated, Martindale-Hubbell (the highest rating in legal ethics and professional practice)
- Top Matrimonial and Family Law Attorney, New York Super Lawyers
- Top Tier Matrimonial Law Firm, US News and World Report
- Named a Member of the Top One Percent Attorneys in the nation by National Association of Distinguished Counsel.
- Interviewed on Larry King Live
- Appeared on The Sally Jesse Raphael Show
- Author of over 100 professional articles published in national, regional and local matrimonial journals and periodicals.
- Past Editor and Editor Emeritus, New York State Bar Association's Family Law Review (1984-present)
- The Unmarried Couples Legal Survival Guide, Carol Publishing (1997)
- Matrimonial Motion Practice in New York, Lawyers Cooperative Publishing (1993)
- Unmarried Couples: A Guide to Your Legal Rights and Obligations, Insight Books (1992)
- The Divorce Law Handbook: A Comprehensive Guide to Matrimonial Practice, Insight Books (1988)
- New York Practice Guide, Domestic Relations (co-author), Matthew Bender (1988)
- Executive Committee, New York State Bar Association (1977-present)
- Past President, Past Vice President, and Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, New York Chapter
- Founder, Past President and Master, New York Family Law American Inn of Court
- Past Chairman and Member, Nassau County Bar Association Matrimonial and Family Law Committee
- Past Director, Nassau Lawyers Association of Long Island
- Family Disputes Advisory Committee of the American Arbitration Association
- Arbitrator, Unified Court System Domestic Relations Fee Arbitration Program
- Arbitrator, Unified Court System Domestic Relations Early Neutral Evaluation Program