Selected for Inclusion as One of the Best Lawyers® in America
During more than 35 years of legal practice, I have committed myself to providing every client with professional, knowledgeable representation while tirelessly promoting their best interests. I work closely with my clients to fully understand their needs and unique situations, so that I may present the strongest possible cases to the court.
Although we seek to avoid courtroom litigation when feasible, we never encourage clients to accept a settlement if we feel that they would benefit more from a court resolution after trial. I am thoroughly experienced in advocating for clients in trial, and I never shy away from representing their rights and interests in the courtroom when necessary.
As a co-host of "The Divorce Law Forum" radio program, I stay up to date on the latest developments in New York divorce and family laws, which helps me provide the most effective representation for my clients. My dedication to professional and legal excellence has resulted in my selection to the Best Lawyers® in America list and the New York Super Lawyers® list.
- B.A. 1976, Wake Forest University (cum laude) J.D. 1979, Wake Forest University
- Selected to be included in Best Lawyers in America
- Selected to be included in New York Super Lawyers
- Named one of the 10 Best Family Law Attorneys in New York by The American Institute of Family Law Attorneys (AIOFLA)
- Contributor to the Family Law Review, New York State Bar Association (1994-present)
- "Non Durational and Permanent Maintenance," 1997 Annual Survey of Matrimonial Law, New York Family Law American Inn of Court
- "Securing and Determining Attorney's Fee in Matrimonial Actions," Family Law Review, New York State Bar Association (June 1994)
- Author of chapter of book "New York Family Law Strategies", Thomson Reuters/Aspatore (2009)
- "Thorny Issues in Divorce Litigation: Maintenance and Retirement" given to the NY Family Law Inns of Court, January, 2017
- "The Complex Divorce Action," CLE Lecture given by National Business Institute
- "A Roadmap Through New York Divorce Proceedings,@ CLE Lecture given by National Business Institute
- Co-host of "The Divorce Law Forum" radio program
- Guest speaker on "Laws You Should Know" radio program
- Arbitrator, Unified Court System Domestic Relations Fee Arbitration Program
- Arbitrator, Unified Court System Domestic Relations Early Neutral Evaluation Program
- Member, Nassau County Bar Association Matrimonial and Family Law Committee
- Member, New York State Bar Association, Matrimonial and Family Law Committee
- Member, New York Family Law American Inn of Court Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Trained in Matrimonial Mediation through NYS Unified Court System