New York Divorce Enforcement Attorneys

Helping You Gain Peace of Mind. Call Our Long Island Lawyers Today.

Divorce can be a messy situation, even when the dust has settled. Despite the overwhelming challenges you may have experienced during your divorce, the obstacles may continue after your situation is resolved. Just when you think you’ve overcome your divorce and have a solid plan of action moving forward, your ex-spouse’s actions may easily interfere with a successful post-divorce livelihood. Did your ex-spouse fail to pay court ordered support? Did your ex-spouse fail to comply with the sale of the marital home? Did your ex-spouse fail to consult with you regarding decision-making for your child when you have joint custody?

Your former spouse should not violate the terms of your divorce judgment, without facing consequences. Our New York enforcement lawyers are dedicated to pursuing justice for every client, using personalized strategies and legal counsel to enforce the terms of your divorce judgment. We are compassionate to your circumstances and want the best for you and your children.

Reach out to our attorneys via our online contact form or by calling {F:P:Sub:Phone} so we can discuss your situation. The sooner you call, the better, in order to prevent your ex from continuing to violate the terms of your divorce judgment. In some circumstances, time is of the essence, as there are certain filing deadlines, and certain remedies are retroactive to the date of the application for enforcement.

Court Order Enforcement for Divorce Matters in NY

In matrimonial and family law cases, several types of court orders may be issued, including but not limited to the following:

  • Child support
  • Spousal support
  • Child custody
  • Visitation rights
  • Order of protection
  • Property division

Sometimes a spiteful or disgruntled ex chooses to disobey court orders to further their personal agendas. Maybe they intend to cause stress or chaos following your divorce because they never wanted the divorce in the first place. Or, they can hinder your children’s happiness and success because they aren’t following their parental and court-ordered obligations.

Enforcement Remedies for Violations of Court Orders

Our enforcement attorneys have a combined 100+ years of experience holding recalcitrant exes accountable for not complying with matrimonial and family court orders.

We can help you by employing the following remedies such as:

  • Motion for contempt (incarceration) for failure to obey a court order
  • Suspension of professional and/or driver’s license(s) and passport for failure to pay a support order
  • Collection against tax refunds for failure to pay a support order
  • Income/wage garnishment for failure to pay counsel fees, support, or a distribution of assets
  • Money judgment with 9% legal interest for failure to pay support or a distribution of assets, and collection of same
  • Court order modification
  • Mediation of defaults of court orders
  • Enforcement of money judgments via liens against property
  • Appointment of a receiver for failure to sell the marital home or other real estate

The remedies above account for some of the various enforcement methods we can employ to help you. To determine the best possible enforcement options for your situation, we will take the time to listen to your goals and guide you through your legal options. The path to a brighter future begins when you pick up the phone and call {F:P:Sub:Phone} to schedule a consultation. We look forward to working with you and enforcing your rights.

Contact our Long Island divorce attorneys today!

The best way to protect your future is to take action now.

Our lawyers are ready to discuss your case in full detail and confidence.

Send My Message