Asset Division FAQ
Long Island Divorce Attorney
When it comes to divorce, the two greatest areas of contention involve asset division and
child custody. Where you obtain a divorce matters since each state has its own set of unique laws that govern the allocation of assets in divorce, and these laws can vary significantly.
In New York, asset division is covered under Domestic Relations Law §236(B)(5)(d). At Samuelson Hause & Samuelson, LLP, we have provided some answers to commonly asked questions about asset division in the state of New York. If you have further questions, we encourage you to contact our office to speak directly with one of our Long Island divorce attorneys.
If you are heading towards divorce, contact
Samuelson Hause & Samuelson, LLP.
Why Samuelson Hause & Samuelson, LLP Should be Your First Call
- We are recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a Tier 1 Family Law Firm.
- We are accredited by the Better Business Bureau.
- Our partners have over 100 years of collective experience.
- Our firm has an AV® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell® Law Directory.
- Mr. Samuelson has published over 100 professional articles on divorce law.
- Mr. Samuelson is the author of the acclaimed "Divorce Law Handbook: A Comprehensive Guide to Matrimonial Practice."
Hear what our clients have to say by reading our